Saturday 28 June 2014

Introduction

Hi my name is Lauren Grace; I am 14 years old and have scoliosis. For those for you who don’t know scoliosis is a curvature of the spine and effects girls and boys of any age however it is fairly common in young teenagers of around 12 to 15.  I love to dance and attend dance classes two times a week and I used to do a lot of swimming but I have recently stopped out of choice.  Two days ago (6th of June) I had to go to the hospital about my back, I had an x ray and learnt that my degree of curvature was 58, as you may know this is quite bad so I will have to undergo surgery within the next six months. The point of writing this blog is so that I can tell other kids just like me that scoliosis is not a negative but a positive and we must show it that it will not defeat us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment